Oh what a wonderful world we live in where we have the greatest nutrition grown straight from the earth. I’m talking about the fresh vegetables you and I cook, the ones we buy from the farmers market or local grocery store. How amazing it is that the vitamins and nutrients our bodies need and crave, are delivered straight from the ground.
Vitamins A, K, E, C, folic acid, fiber, phytonutrients and antioxidants. Mother earth provides disease fighting properties straight from the source.
This stir fry recipe wonderfully incorporates fresh vegetables, protein, and fiber without all the unnecessary sauces that add calories and sodium. This soy-sauce-less stir fry is about 1/3 of the sodium content but still exploding with flavor. This is one of my absolute favorite recipes and not to mention, fastest and easiest.
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 4 tsp Olive or Avocado Oil
- 6-8 cups of Egg noodles
- 2 Cloves of Garlic- Minced
- 1/2 Red Onion-Chopped
- 2 Cups Broccoli- Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper- Sliced
- 1 Cup Sugar Snap Peas
- 3 Large Carrots- Sliced and Chopped in Half
- 2 Cups Mushrooms- Sliced
- 1/8 cup Spicy Sesame Oil
- or mix Sesame oil, Coconut Aminos and Ginger together
- 10-12 Jumbo Sized Shrimp
- In a small pot of boiling water, add 2 tsp olive oil and egg noodles. Cook the noodles until soft and drain the remaining water. Return the noodles to the pot to keep warm.
- In a large sized sauté pan, add the remaining olive oil to the pan and begin to sauté the onions and garlic.
- In the same sauté pan, incorporate the broccoli, red bell pepper, sugar snap peas, carrots, mushrooms and the rest of the spices.
- Add the sesame oil and the shrimps to the veggies, cooking them thoroughly.
- Once the shrimps and veggies are cooked through, combine the cooked pasta to the veggies. Toss until the oil coats the pasta.
- Serve warm.
This is an original Healthy Chew recipe – all rights reserved.
All photos were taken by and for The Healthy Chew – all rights reserved.
Like This Post?
Share it on Facebook!
Follow me on Pinterest! @The Healthy Chew
Follow me on Instagram! @TheHealthyChew
Follow me on YouTube! @The Healthy Chew
Comment your questions!
email me at StephanieRackley@thehealthychew.org
2 Comments Add yours