This cool, refreshing, cucumber & mint infused couscous gives an added bonus to any meal it’s served with. Having a BBQ soon or still have leftovers from the memorial day weekend? Serve this couscous along the side, it’s so easy to make you could have your kids make it– maybe chop the mint and cucumber up for them though. Let’s not have any sliced or injured fingers around here.
Personally, I love to keep fresh herbs such as mint out in the garden, clipping it fresh when I need it. However, fresh mint from the store is just as good, just remember to wash the leaves before chopping and mincing.
This recipe pairs well next to tacos, burgers, BBQ, grilled chicken, and baked white fish. So get your grill on and save some time by prepping this side dish beforehand. After assembling it, I like to let it chill in the refrigerator before serving– it makes for an extra minty and refreshing taste.
- 3/4 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 tsp fresh minced mint
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- salt and pepper for taste
**Yields 4 side servings**
- Cook the couscous according to the package instructions.
- After the couscous is done cooking and drained well, dump it in a small mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, cucumber, mint, lime zest & juice, salt, and pepper.
- Mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour prior to serving.
- Serve chilled alongside your other delicious cooking, enjoy!
*Can also serve warm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Start saving Healthy Chew Recipes,
Download a PDF of this recipe for your kitchen!
This is an original Healthy Chew recipe, all rights reserved.
All photos used were taken by and for The Healthy Chew, all rights reserved.
Want More Like This Post?
Sign up for my NEWSLETTER! (Click the Follow Button Below)
Follow me on PINTEREST! @The Healthy Chew
Follow me on INSTAGRAM for inspiration! @TheHealthyChew
Follow me on YOUTUBE for cooking demos! @The Healthy Chew
Have QUESTIONS?? email me at StephanieRackley@thehealthychew.org